Product Care & Safety
It is so important to ensure that our candles are used in a proper and safe manner and so we strongly recommend that you follow the advice and tips listed below.
- Always burn your candle within sight and never leave a burning candle unattended;
- Keep candles out of reach of children and pets;
- Never burn a candle for any longer than 3-4 hours at any one time;
- Never place candles near a draught;
- Do not attempt to move a candle when lit as the jar may be hot and hot wax could spill out of the jar;
- Do not blow out a candle; always use a snuffer to extinguish the flame;
- Always burn your candle on a flat and even surface away from anything that could catch fire.
To get the most out of your candles & extend the longetivity of your candle’s life; we recommend the following:
- When burning your candle for the first time allow the wax to melt to the edge of the jar (or as close as possible) but never burn for more than 3-4 hours at any one time;
- Before each subsequent burn, ensure the wick is trimmed to approximately 5mm. This can be done using a wick trimmer or by simply pinching the burnt wick at the top of the candle with your finger and thumb;
- Ensure the wax is clear of wick trimmings, used matches or other debris;
- When the wax level reaches 1cm discontinue use.
Each of our candles contains safety information and instructions on the base of the jar and we also include a Care Card with our candles to ensure that you get the most out of your purchase.